· Generous company contribution of health insurance premium for qualified employees.
· Must be available to work all shifts as scheduled to meet business needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Complies with quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures.
· Identifies and select cuts of meat, poultry, shellfish, fish, game or vegetables used in preparation of menu items.
· Prepares garnishes for broiled and roasted dishes.
· Prepares other items needed at broiler station such as vegetables, starches, appetizers, or desserts that may be glazed in broiler.
· Sets up and maintain soups throughout the day, as well as appropriate garnishes.
· Broil and plate meats, poultry, shellfish, fish, game or vegetables, along with appropriate garnish.
· Roasts, carves, and plates meats, poultry, shellfish, fish, game or vegetables.
· Maintains a sanitary work environment including areas where food is prepared and stored.
· Selects and uses knives, hand tools, utensils and equipment to cut, slice, broil, roast, carve, skewer, garnish foods. Maintains holding temperature for foods, grills, otherwise produces food in the broiler station.
· Tastes food prepared to ensure flavor, texture and consistency and see that items meet established quality standards.
· Performs any other task that is assigned for the successful operations of the company.
Education and/or Experience:
High School graduate(GED), degree from a post-secondary culinary arts training program is desirable. Minimum of one year in a food preparation position in a high-volume restaurant setting.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
Must be able to speak clearly and listen attentively to managers, employees and dining room staff; stand and walk in kitchen for periods over 8 hours; lift pots, pans, etc. up to 40 pounds in weight; possess finger dexterity to use small tools adeptly; read and follow written instructions; possess good smell and taste abilities and be able to do repetitive motions.
Submit your resume or apply in person at 148 Marina Plaza today!
Recruiters please don’t contact this posting or employer about this position.
About Bon Appétit Group:
For 44 years, the BonAppétit GroupSM., formerly operating under Advantus Leisure Management Services, has been serving the Clearwater area. Their first venture, the acclaimed Bon Appetit Restaurant on the waterfront in Dunedin, FL, was so successful they expanded to Café Alfresco, also in downtown Dunedin. Their commitment to the community led them to open retail spaces in the downtown area. Long known for excellent food and catering, they expanded their operations to include food and beach rental concessions on Honeymoon Island, Caladesi Island, Sand Key, and various other area beach parks.
We invite you to visit our website: https://www.bonappetitgroup.com to learn more about us.