Weddings and Special Events Sales Associate
Company: Bon Appétit
Reports to: General Manager
Voted 2021 Best Waterfront Restaurant in the Tampa Bay area, Bon Appetit offers a fine dining experience with stunning views of the Saint Joseph Sound. The menu is an eclectic blend of classical European and American cuisines using simple, fresh ingredients.
Wedding And Special Event Sales Associate with office background in catering, event planning, banquet operations, or guest services. Strong computer and organization skills are required. As our wedding & special event sales associate, you will be a point of contact and will assist in planning for the guest’s special day. You will also be involved with the actual event to ensure that the guest’s needs are met.
- This position works closely with the Banquet Wedding & Special Events Manager that relates to banquet services. Data entry, filing, answer phones, answering questions pertaining to venue & services, setting up appointments, venue site tours, assisting guests with set up of items, collecting monies.
- 1-2 years of Catering/Sales or related sales experience;
- Be well organized and thorough in representing the company;
- Experience effectively communicating over the phone, through the internet and face-to-face with guests, staff and management;
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment;
- Ability to work with Banquet Manager to ensure guest satisfaction;
- Ability to monitor quality of event services;
- Ability to effectively communicate and manage situations that change or pose unique hurdles that have to be dealt with quickly and efficiently;
- Ability to remain calm and professional under stressful situations;
- Ability to obtain & retain knowledge of menus, POS, meeting room sets and capabilities;
- Computer and internet skills are required.
- Work week will consist of a schedule that includes working most weekends, evenings, and holidays.
- Performs any other task that is assigned for the successful operations of the company.
- Physical Demands: Must be able to walk, bend, squat, and frequently lift 10-15 pounds. Sit at computer for extended periods of time. Ability to see, hear and communicate clearly to managers and the general public. Must be able to stand up and move about the workplace for 8 hours or more. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Typical working environment will consist of office work and duties for the events as required.